пятница, 18 мая 2018 г.

Tax law questions and answers from Delfina Goldston

Uncle w/o family left me a house in LA. How can I find out the new reassesment property taxes and how much I owe?

A: Contact the city tax office. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You may read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice web site. I practice law in the following areas of law in CA, NY, MA, and DC: Company & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This response doesn't represent legal advice; make warranties, guarantees, or any predictions; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

In the state of Tx, Was my self insured employer supposed to tax my WC income for the year?

I was injured as well as on WC for 90% of 2016. My W2 shows the total year of wages was taxed including WC. Now I am confused if I'm designed to claim my WC income on my tax return.
A: No, wc benefits AREN'T taxable. Your company is wrong is it paid you wc benefits. When they somehow withheld taxes (ss and FICA tax as well) it owes that money back to you at once! However, if it was a wage continuation program, rather than TIBs payable under the wc Act, that's an issue that is totally different. The determining factor is whether your self-insured company paid you TIBs and/or IIBs or a wage continuation. A hint would be if you are a salaried employee and received the same weekly payment after your injury as before. TIBs are calculated predicated in your average weekly wage for the previous 13 weeks prior to your harm and multiplied by either .70 or .667 depending on your hourly rate.

Do I have to pay FTB fees?

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me with this. A corporation opened in 2014 and since then have collected fees to the Franchise Tax Board when I didn’t know better. I did not do anything with the business, and now I owe around about 4k in back fees. I recognize that that money is owed by the corporation and it'll keep going up yearly. The corporation is currently frozen as a result of back fees. What should I do? I really can’t afford to pay. What can the government do to me if I only do pay? Can they take my personal things? Will this change my company in the foreseeable future if one day I decide to start a small business? What can occur to a person what're stuff I can’t do if I simply allow the taxes develop on the suspended corporation, and who doesn’t ever pay?
A: It is best to consult with a local lawyer in private and give them transactions and all the facts and get a special advice and plan of action with respect to your own personal responsibility or lack thereof. Ordinarily, if a corporation is created correctly and complied with the state law, is considered a separate legal entity and its own responsibility shouldn't create personal liability for its stockholders. The information presented herein is for general purposes only. It might not be construed as legal, tax or accounting advice, and is not intended to. Neither is it intended for solicitation purposes. For specific advice, please consult a suitable lawyer in person. All the best. Zaher Fallahi, Business and Tax Attorney, CPA.

What can I do about the irs? First they say I owe back taxes, then I don't, now I do. Please help!

I filed innocent spouse after finding my ex did not claim income for one year and made a huge error on another leaving me in debt to the IRS for about 50k. I received a letter that there was no tax owed for one of those years as well as the other year I was relieved of any duty. I have yet to receive any kind of notice in the mail regarding this debt owed, just told over the phone (when I call) that I owe this 20k. I've asked repeatedly for an invoice to be sent and have gotten nothing. They keep my tax refunds. The woman on the phone today told me if I actually don't set up payment arrangements, they are likely to start levying my wages. But I got a letter saying nothing but over the phone they say I owe!? What do I do?
A: Get in touch with an enrolled agent or a tax attorney as soon as possible. If you are considered a low income taxpayer, you can seek help with a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic in your own state. You can also try the Taxpayer Advocate. In case you're at the stage that is garnishment, you want help instantly.

Property has been sold for taxes, Im not able to pay the taxes back by the redemption period how long do I have to stay?

Redemption period is 9/21/2016 my father's property he went. Im still there, filed chapter 7 dispatched May 2015.
A: If you never have yet done so, you ought to get in touch with a lawyer at once.

I received a "Notice of Intention to File an IRS 1099-C Form"

This notice was from a CA law office who said it absolutely was the legal owner of the debt (not representing a client). There was 1099C form for an 2017 occasion included, along with a settlement offer. A report filed together with the State Attorney General immediately to be wise. I simply moved to OH from MI, along with the letter was forwarded from my MI address. The account was allegedly charged off in 1999. I've been challenging this account for a long time, and it keeps bouncing between collection agencies. The account never existed, as well as the first creditor has no understanding of the report. I was contacted about the debt in the middle of last year by another collection agency, whom I challenged it with. For years, I learned nothing prior to that. I'm prepared to send a letter of dispute to this law office, but my understanding is that the FDCPA does not consistently apply to this situation. Any guidance on the next steps would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
A: It's time to involve a tax attorney. 1099C is a form filed by a lender when a debt is canceled by them. The Internal Revenue Service considers the cancelled debt taxable income. You may be about to get a huge tax bill.

MY child support is in Florida and I live in another state can child support still take my income taxe money arrears?

And also I don't understand how national money can be taken by a state from me
A: Check with one or a FL lawyer in the state where you now reside. The best first step is a First Consultation with an Attorney. This response doesn't constitute legal advice; make warranties, guarantees, or any predictions; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

My husband is hidding taxes return as a couple and refusing to give me my money.

Mu husband filled the taxes as wed with me. He asked me for my form and then he told me I do not even know where and he filled the taxes. Isn't that ilegal? I really thought I was imagined to sign? Also now he's refusing to give my cash to me. What should I do? Since I 've the right to know how do I obtain the copies of the tax return as a couple. Should I report him and Where could I make a whine about it?
A: Divorcing parties must disclose all income and debts in a divorce proceeding, lest they be seen in contempt of court. The best first step is a First Consultation with an Attorney. You can also read more about me, my qualifications, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in these areas of law: Company & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This response does not constitute legal advice; make warranties, guarantees, or any predictions; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

What is the best way to approach the fact that my Husband is not disclosing his actual income? Do I bring it up?

For 10 years he has said he didnt have his taxes filed, he produced fake paystubs with bank statements for distinct intervals. LFLR 10 has never been complied with by him. This is really a post secondary support that's now a change that is full and they are saying it hasnt been 2 years HELP!!! There actually is a sig change. I keep getting laid off due to my daughter at 17 has major depression and keeps attempting to kill herself and is a late stage alcoholic/addict. I believe, as well as my supervisors, that I now have ADD but cant function with this all going on. She's now greatly in the juvinelle justice system, she willingly went to treatment however only after 5 days in ICU and then 4 in the mental ward at kids. I needed to borrow cash to get her into an area right away cause now she is shooting heroin...4.0 student 3 months after here comes the Fs. My elderly perfect cheerleader girl with a minor learning disability that prefers to be a DDS needs help. I cant get it becasue of back taxes. HELP?
A: Get in touch with a tax lawyer promptly. You are able to go to a low income taxpayer practice in your own state, in case you are a low income citizen. This really is quite serious and should not be managed by yourself.

What is the proper way to handle a buyout of another person's share of a house inherited through a trust?

If two people inherit a Calif. house and some cash (from a trust) and they agree that one of them will buy out the other's interest in the home, how will that transaction be managed and taxed. There is not enough money in the inheritance to use to offset the buy out, therefore it will require a personal check from party A to party B to compensate them for their share. Since the dwelling was inherited at present market value and therefore no taxes due, would this be a sale at zero value? Could the trustee (and beneficiary - Party A) who'll be doing the buyout simply transfer ownership of the property directly to herself and write a private check to the other party, or what are the appropriate steps? I understand the government will be questioning a big check composed to another individual. Would a personal check to the other individual subsequently create a taxable event instead of an inheritance for them? (So much red tape, so little time.)
A: It should be handled through private parties like any dwelling purchase, in writing and recorded with the county. Get in touch with a CPA or tax lawyer re: your tax questions. The best first step is a First Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my qualifications, awards, honours, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice web site. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Contracts & Company, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This response doesn't constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий